- This event has passed.
WEBINAR: A Collaborative Effort to Enhance Medication Safety during Transitions of Care using Pharmacy Students
March 24, 2016 @ 11:00 am - 12:00 pm
Medication management is a challenge for healthcare providers and the patients. This is significantly exacerbated during transitions of care.
Approximately 1.5 million preventable adverse drug events occur annually as a result of medication errors. Nearly 20% of all adverse drug events have been attributed to poor communication at the transitions of care. Providers across New England are implementing collaborative interventions to address this important problem.
We hope you were able to join the New England QIN-QIO on March 24th to learn how the University of Rhode Island’s College of Pharmacy collaboration with local hospitals and home health agencies has improved medication safety during transitions of care, while enhancing the experiential education for pharmacy students.
During the webinar, our speakers explored:
- The program goal and design,
- The measurement strategy and results to date,
- How one agency used initial data to obtain funding to expand and enhance their own program, and
- Recent modifications to align this effort with the National Action Plan to reduce Adverse Drug Events
- Ginger Lemay, Pharm.D, CDOE, CVDOE
- URI College of Pharmacy
- Mary Biello, RN
- VNA of Rhode Island
- Marco DelBove, Pharm.D.
- Memorial Hospital