- This event has passed.
Using A Value-Based Purchasing Tool to Improve Quality
November 29, 2016 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
We hope you were able to join Vincent Dufort PhD, from the New England QIN-QIO on Tuesday, November 29 from 12:00 PM – 1:00 PM for an introductory webinar “Using A Value-Based Purchasing Tool to Improve Quality.”
This webinar introduced hospitals to the New England QIN-QIO Quality Reporting Team’s Value-Based Purchasing (VBP) Calculation Tool created to calculate an approximation of a facilities value-based purchasing reimbursement using various scenarios based on:
- Clinical Process of Care Measures
- Patient Experience of Care Dimensions (HCAHPS)
- 30-Day Outcome Mortality Measures
- The AHRQ Composite Measure or Patient Safety Indicator (PSI-90)
- Healthcare Associated Infections
- Medicare Spending per Beneficiary (MSPB)
The tool will enable the facilities to use these various scenarios to provide a data-driven educated targeting for quality improvement.
During this program, participants learned how organizations can use this tool in order to identify their greatest opportunities for improvement, focus resources, and increase future payments by taking a look back at past performance and a look forward to better understand how different performance efforts can maximize clinical outcomes.
- Download the Presentation
- View the recording
- VBP Tool – Updated Decmeber 2016
- VBP Tool & Instructions – Updated Decmeber 2016
- CMS Issues Technical Updatefor AHRQ PSI-90
- Removal of the HCAHPS Pain Management Dimension from the Hospital VBP Program Beginning With the FY 2018 Program Year
- Download the Transcript