- This event has passed.
New Part D Opioid Overutilization Policies Call
February 14 @ 1:30 pm - 3:00 pm
CMS implemented new opioid policies for Medicare drug plans effective January 1. The new policies include:
- Improved safety alerts when patients fill opioid prescriptions at the pharmacy
- Drug management programs for patients at-risk for misuse or abuse of opioids or other drugs
During this call, CMS experts discuss the new policies and answer questions. Note: This content was previously presented during a Regional Office event on December 27.
Physicians; physician assistants; nurses; nurse practitioners; dentists and other prescribers; case managers; and other interested stakeholders.
Materials:Prior to the call, participants should review the following materials:
- Training materials, including slide decks and tip sheets for prescribers, pharmacists, and patients
- A Prescriber’s Guide to the New Medicare Part D Opioid Overutilization Policies for 2019 MLN Matters Article
- Reducing Opioid Misuse webpage for more information on the CMS strategy